Wednesday 27 Feb, 1.15pm – 6pm
Pacific Crystal Palace
$150 inc gst
Ticket price also includes afternoon tea, canapés and refreshments with live entertainment from 5pm
REGISTER NOW at businesssummit.co.nz
For more info visit businesssummit.co.nz
The inaugural Waikato Business Summit was held in 2017 with the aim of providing local entrepreneurs and business people an opportunity to connect, learn and grow. The Waikato Business Summit continues to be held in the beautiful Hamilton Gardens as part of the annual Hamilton Gardens Arts Festival.
Local and regional business communities return year on year to discuss the year ahead with recognised local and national business leaders and key influencers.
The Summit is a highlight of the regional business calendar.
Topics to be discussed include:
- 2019 to 2023 – what will be the defining business trends shaping NZ through to 2023 and how will the business decisions of last year influence the landscape of the next four years? Who better than Grant Robertson, our Minister of Finance, to take us through his views on this journey.
- Waikato Economic Development – what is Te Waka’s view of the future of business in the Waikato? Hear how the region’s newest economic development agency will bring the possibility of a new future.
- ANZ Economic Update – ANZ Chief Economist Sharon Zollner on what to expect in 2019 and how economic trends can be strategically applied to future business planning, today.
- Panel Discussion – How does today’s business succeed… tomorrow? Our panelists bring unique and vast perspectives to influence making business decisions today that will best position you for future opportunities. Is the future IT? Is it social enterprise? Is it HR?
The Waikato Business Summit follows the morning session of the Chartered Accountants ANZ Waikato region conference.
1:15pm Registration opens
1:30pm Welcome: Andrew King – Mayor of Hamilton
1:35pm Minister of Finance, Hon. Grant Robertson
- The last year
- Current issues
- The next 4 years
2:20pm Waikato Economic Development Update – Michael Bassett-Foss, CEO, Te Waka
3:00pm NZ and Global Economic Update – Sharon Zollner, Chief Economist, ANZ
4:00pm Moderated Panel Discussion – How does today’s business succeed… tomorrow?
- Moderator – Greg Sheehan, FCA, Founder & CEO of Rocketship
- Demystifying Challenges – Sue Pak, NZ Head of Accounting, Xero
- Voice of future business leaders – Gemma Major, Co-founder and Chair, Seed Waikato
- Great Business – Darrel Hadley, MD, Good George Brewing
- Social and Community – Kelvyn Eglinton, CEO, Momentum Waikato
- Break through Entrepreneur – Eliot Jessep
5:00pm to 6:00pm Drinks, nibbles, light entertainment